Founder and Director Primephysio Training UK
- Fellow Higher Education Academy. UK
- Associate Senior Lecturer. Sheffield Hallam University. UK
- Chairman. Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Academy. ()
- Member of the Chartered Society Physiotherapy. UK
- Member of the musculoskeletal association of Chartered physiotherapists MACP.UK
- Founder and Director Primephysio Training UK. ()
- HCPC Registered. UK
- Ex-Chairman. McKenzie Institute Egypt. Official Branch of McKenzie Institute International.
- Member of McKenzie Institute. UK
- Director.Prime physiotherapy clinics. UK ()
- Certified Taping tutor. Medical Taping. Netherlands
Mahmoud is an academic and manual therapist based in Sheffield UK. He completed his undergraduate study at Cairo University in 1999 and worked clinically and academically in Cairo before moving to the UK in 2004 where he started his academic role at Sheffield Hallam University as a senior physiotherapy lecturer. He has a master in MSK physiotherapy from Sheffield Hallam University, Diploma in manual therapy (leading to MACP recognition) and currently persuading a PHD degree in MSK Physiotherapy at Sheffield Hallam University. He lead the musculoskeletal module within the advanced master program and supervised many master dissertations in the field of MSK Physiotherapy.
One of the main highlights of Mahmoud’s career is PRIMEPHYSIO . He established this reputable organisation in 2006 in UK aiming to develop the physiotherapy profession in the Middle East and Africa through continuous education. He established strong links with many organisations worldwide to achieve this objective. Primephysio has gained an excellent reputation worldwide and currently has two offices UK and Egypt with one more office to open in Dubai by December 2018, with a group of enthusiastic colleagues, They established the Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Academy OMTA, a registered interest group of the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists IFOMPT.
He was privileged to work at Sheffield Hallam University with well-known figures within the field of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (OMT) like The late Kevin Banks (International Maitland Tutor and Co-Author of Maitland Textbook) , Dr. Stephen May (Author of MDT McKenzie Textbooks). Through his interaction, co-teaching and shadowing many international tutors during his journey with Primephysio, Mahmoud has built his unique teaching style based on integrated OMT model where all evidence-based concepts within
the field of OMT are critically discussed and applied within a simple and clear clinical reasoning framework.
Mahmoud has taught many short courses and workshops in UK, Malta, Kuwait, UAE, KSA, OMAN, Jordan, Egypt and Qatar with.
See teaching profile below.
Currently, Mahmoud is splitting his time between his role as an associate senior lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University UK, Teaching Orthopaedic Manual Therapy worldwide average of 30 courses a year, managing a caseload of MSK and sports conditions in his own clinic, occasionally managing caseload of complex cases within National Health Service NHS and finally strategic planning and monitoring the teaching quality at Primephysio.
- Leader of Contemporary musculoskeletal Rehabilitation module at the postgraduate advanced master program. Sheffield Hallam University 2010-2015
- Teaching at UG and PG courses at Sheffield Hallam University 2005-ongoing
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Program and clinical placement supervision-UK . 2014 ongoing
- Teaching Orthopaedic Manual Therapy programs OMTC – 29 intakes (previously known as Primephysio Manual Therapy Diploma-8 days each) in UK, Kuwait, Jordan and Cairo 2014 ongoing. Organised by Primephysio. 2014 ongoing
- Teaching 16 Orthopaedic Manual Therapy short courses. upper quadrant (2 days) lower quadrant (2 Days) in KSA, Egypt, Oman, Qatar, and UK. Organised by Primephysio. 2010 ongoing
- Teaching 124 Short workshops (4 hours) in UK, Kuwait, Oman , Jordan , KSA and Dubai. 2008-2017
- Teaching Neurodynamic course (2 days) Amman-Jordan. 2016 -ongoing
- Co-teaching 2 days Neurodynamic workshop with Kevin Banks 2007.
- Teaching 42 Introductory workshop to McKenzie concept. Organised by McKenzie Institute Egypt. 2011-2013.
- Supervising 120 master dissertation at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Part of the curriculum revalidation team for the undergraduate and postgraduate program at Sheffield Hallam University 2006-2010-2014.
- Assistant Lecturer. Misr University for Science and Technology 2001-2004.
- Invited Speaker :
-Sharjah University. UAE.
– Rashid Hospital. DUBAI
– Omani Physiotherapy Association.
– Kuwait University.
– Cairo University.
– Jordanian Physiotherapy society.
– Batarji college for Health Science. KSA
– Saudi Physiotherapy Association. KSA
– Malta Physiotherapy Association.
- Director. Primephysio clinics.UK. 2006 ongoing
- Sheffield Hallam University Physiotherapy clinic. 2012-2015
- Musculoskeletal Clinical specialist NHS UK.
- Doncaster Royal Infirmary. Outpatient MSK team.
- Scunthorpe and Goole NHS Trust. Chronic Pain Team.
- Nottingham NHS Trust. Outpatient MSK team
- Ticss Rehab. UK
- Mexborough Hospital. Outpatient MSK team.
- Bassetlaw Hospital. Outpatient MKS team.
- Reliability of shoulder tests used in physical examination of shoulder problems. 2010
- Is telephone triage an effective and feasible form of treatment within physiotherapy outpatient settings? A systematic review 2014